Thursday, July 12, 2012

Canada Day eh!

I love Canada Day!  Yes the older I get, the more patriotic I become.  This year is my first year abroad and to help ease the homesickness, the Knightly One took me to Trafalgar Square for the weekend.

We met up with my cousin (another Canadian ex-pat) and her family to celebrate all things Canadian on Sunday July 1st.

There were flags, Mounties, Canadian musicians, pancakes with maple syrup, a street hockey tournament and Molson Canadian beer (because We are....)

Here are some wonderful pics which I intend to start scrapping.

Me wearing my Canadian pride and my cousin Chris displaying his!



Canada House is right at Trafalgar Square and it was a beautiful day with all the flags flying.


Can't wait to get started on scrapbooking these pages!  There are lots of other photos to chose from but just wanted to highlight a few.

In addition, I made Canada Day cards to send home to the "little people" in my life and my Momma back in NS.  Here is a pic of the card I made.  I used a bit of blue to highlight the fact it was from England (besides our original flag WAS the Union Jack).


No comments:

Post a Comment